Here are the basics for creating a post in WordPress. It’s in the Posts section that you will add blog posts, news articles, and anything else that gets updated regularly. This is also how you will create custom post types. Just replace “Posts” in the first step with the menu name of the Post Types.
- Click the Posts tab.
- Click the Add New sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: title, body text, etc.
- As needed, select a category, add tags, and make other selections from the sections below and to the right of the post.
- When you are ready, click Publish.
- To view a post, click the View Post button beneath the post title.